Chronicles of The Juggler

Monday, June 26, 2006

Busy busy busy!!

Yes. The Kuala Lumpur Ensemble Theatre's new space beckons. We are moving this Saturday. Finalising of agreement, payment, cleaning, air conditioning, lots and lots of work to be done.

It will be in Taman Desa. It's a pretty good deal. Once it's up, we will need to generate income from it. Must let the world know there is a new cheap and available space for rental for rehearsals or classes.

Besides that, been getting the wedding gig in Aug together. For Kay. Now that Fai is back, we can actually move forward, which we did yesterday. It was a refreshingly good rehearsal. What a difference one essential voice makes. He better realise his worth. And do his homework. He IS the ONLY male voice... Kay wants us to make a story out of the whole gig, something like a photo slide show you get at weddings, but only its through music. So have kinda written out a draft with Viv on how the storyline will flow with each song. Now to get approval from the bride. Need to make it more interesting and witty though.

This whole theatre company set up thing is really driving me nuts. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I will be pushing forward for tenancy agreements to be signed, pushing for monies to be paid. I mean... I have always been a bitch, but when it comes to business... I know I am not that good at it, so I steer clear. But in this case, there are only a handful of us who are really free and willing to do anything about the situation, so there. And since I am technically one of the directors (bah!), I have to prove my worth... There's always a first for everything. I bet our agent is pulling his hair every time I send him a blur-ass email asking him some blur-ass question like "So only two signatures are needed, not more? And who are the two?", even after seeing only two spaces for signatures. Yes I did that... sigh. Next I have to make sure the utilities are transfered into our name. Kill me please!!

Am at home now... heheh. The Beckett Residency got postponed a day, so we are starting tomorrow. Now to get on with the day instead of vegetate in front of the pc.

At least I got to blog a bit.

Still the Biatch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home